Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink:
8 Things I Look Forward To:
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
8 Things I Love About Winter:
8 Things on My Wish List:
8 Things I'm Passionate About:
8 Words/Phrases I Use Often:
8 Things I've Learned From the Past
8 Things I Currently Want/Need:
• A Nap
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
We had date night on Monday- I didn't work because of MLK, Jr's b-day (thanks Dr. King). Chatham and I had played and shopped and napped and walked....all day long. I guess Devin could tell when he got home I was a bit worn out and might possibly need a break....
About that time my mom called and offered to keep Chatham for a few hours while we relaxed- and I don't think I even took a breath before accepting the offer. We went to Red Lobster and a near by bookstore to look for some birthday ideas....
What a wonderful evening it was!
So, while the Donley Clan is monkey-ing around these days....I am redesigning my blog in hopes to inspire my brain to blog a bit better....
Bare with me....I WILL BE BACK!
Friday, January 15, 2010
An average size dog's stomach can not hold one full stick of butter.
Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Every three days a human stomach gets a new lining.
The second best selling game of all time is Jenga.
A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
1 in 4 people are now searching for a piece of paper to attempt to fold in half more than 7 times.
I had some cute Chatham stories...but need a mommy break- so here is some useless information for the weekend, and I will share my fun stories on Monday!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I gave birth...had a c-section actually (I hope that's a one time deal)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I was going to lose 30 lbs....I made it to -25 before getting pregnant. This year I am raising the bar and want to lose 35lbs.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, I did; my sister did, Ashlee, Brittany, Suzanne, Stacy, Brittney, and Kathleen- I think something was in the water.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I lose a dear sweet coworker, Lucinda.
5. What places did you visit? I went to Raleigh and Winston several times; DC; Charlotte a few times; Gatlinburg and Doe River Gorge, in Tennesee; and Emerald Isle.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Financial security!? I don't know that this is a realistic statement...
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Chatham's birth 9:50AM March 27th; also the 26th when I was sent to the hospital.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Stuck on this one? I have made so, so, many small achievements ... but can't recall a ginormous one?
9. What was your biggest failure? hmmm.... I don't want to go there
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Chatham started daycare in Sept- we have passed every illness there is to have around in our house.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I think we bought my Equinox in January last year- and I LOVE IT!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? We have celebrated most of Chatham's milestones...smiles, crawling, first word, first tooth, end of reflux (that was a BIG ONE)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Tiger Woods or the Gosslins
14. Where did most of your money go? Catawba Valley Medical Center, Wachovia (Morgage), or Abernethy Child Development Center
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My car, My son, and the end of reflux!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? You are my Sunshine or Boom Boom Pow
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Happier
b) Thinner or fatter? Fatter!
c) Richer or poorer? I think we've maintained
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise or Sleep
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Arguing over petty things
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? My side of the family celebrated on the 19th and it was a white Christmas!!! Christmas Eve was Chowder at Mom and Dad's as always...and Christmas morning we did our Family (D, C, and C) gifts and presents from Santa to Chatham, then left for Gatlinburg with the in-laws for the week.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I learned of a whole new love with the birth of Chatham- and how strong the bond with Devin got with the birth of Chatham still blows my mind.
22. What was your favorite TV program? SVU, NCIS, Top Chef, American Idol, the News, King of Queens
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? I really don't remember- I know we had dinner at the Barry's; and a dinner with my parents at Wild Wok......
24. What was the best book you read? I have read several funny mommy books- but I think "You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start In The Morning" is a list topper!
25. What did you want and get? curtains for the house
26. What did you want and not get? A new house
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I really liked Four Christmases, The Proposal, and possibly Gran Torino
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I made SEVERAL new friends- and LOVE ALL of them!!! (and their babies-haha)
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? can't think of anything of the top of my head
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Well it started out with Maternity Clothes, then PJ's and whatever was clean after all the spit up, then I went back to work and have the same 10 outfits that I just rotate through- I need a change!
31. What kept you sane? Chatham and My mother
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I used to like Kate Gosslin, but that went up in flames quickly. I really like Bob Harper from Biggest Loser
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Obama taking office in the White house
34. Who did you miss? some friends that I lost because of my lifestyle change.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. I have learned alot about myself as a person and a mother; my biggest change was that I don't care/listen to others as much as I used to.
If you feel.... the urge! Copy & paste, fill out, & share the link in my comments once you are finished with your own version of 2009 @ a glance!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Amber took somepictures of Me with Chatham...Don't have many of those hangin around- I'm normally on the other side of the camera
So you'll have to settle with some of the professional pictures for now--
But we borrowed my dad's camera to take pictures of the happenings around the house--
So get ready for pictures of Mr. Chatham.......