Friday, September 5, 2008

Breathing tests SUCK!!!

So we had our second appointment, this one was for the blood test and the "OB Interview". You answer 25000 questions about your past medical and family medical history. Well, as some of you may or may not know asthma has given me a run for my money all my life. It has really been under control for about the last 5 years; but apparently that's not long enough for the doc's to think I'm in the clear.
Conveniently, they have just created a new test for pg-women to take, to find out what kind of meds you need to be on. FUN!!!! (can't you taste my sarcasim!)
We'll they administered the test EIGHT TIMES- before it finally worked- and let me know I am barely breathing. Well, obviously that's not the case; so we had to try again- they even let Devin try it a few times and he couldn't do it either.
Eventually they called my allergist and found out that basically "the test sucks"! Only 10% of americans (healthy or not) can get a positive read on it.
So they tried ONE MORE TIME- and what do you know, it worked! I have 83% of my air back- YAY!!!!
Other than that everything is normally. Just thought I'd share the fun with you all. PS- if you have asthma and become pg.... DON'T TELL THE DOCTOR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am soo happy for you two, and really good to here that you are feeling better. STAY SWEET, and talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete