Monday, September 22, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!

We didn't post this before because we didn't want everyone to worry. But Devin and I decided to have the Cystic Fibrosis test performed at our last dr. appt. Basically what happens is they test my blood and if I test positive as a carrier then they'll test Devin. If I am negative we do nothing. We off course I am ALWAYS the odd ball, I tested positive! The day the doctor called with that news Devin went straight in and got blood drawn as well. They said it would take ten days to get his results (9-26)- so now we play the waiting game.
Well I have an appt. today at 2:00 and was going to ask if there was any word of his results yet, even though it is a little early- well it is 9:45 and the doctor just called and said "I have Devin's results and thought you wouldn't want to wait until 2:00 to hear them." I was on the edge of my seat. This was the moment of truth, did the prayer work.... "Devin's test came back negative"!!!!!!!
What a releif!!! Since Devin is negative there is 0% chance that our child will have CF!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment